Eastern Ontario Handgun Club Range Safety Rules
- Ranges are for use by members and invited guests only, except for events open to the public. Members must have guests read these range rules and supervise their guests during shooting.
- All members and guests must wear EOHC provided ID cards and sign the range log book when they visit the range.
- The range is open for shooting between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM for centrefire and black powder longarms. 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM for pistols and rimfire.
- PROVE firearms unloaded at a safety area immediately upon arriving at, and prior to departing, the range.
- Do not handle ammunition in safety areas.
- Firearms must be transported from a safety area to a firing line in a case or holster - not hand carried.
- Firearms may only be handled on a firing line or safety area and may only be loaded at the firing line.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn on firing lines.
- Firearms requiring maintenance shall be removed from the firing line to a safety area.
- When more than one shooter is on a range, appoint a Range Officer (RO). The declared RO is responsible for the safety of the range and gives the commands to "commence fire" and "cease fire".
- The range officer shall ensure that all firearms are unloaded during a cease-fire and not handled.
- Holstered handguns must be unloaded, uncocked, with any magazine removed, until made ready to fire.
- Keep handgun muzzles pointed down range, long gun muzzles may point up while the guns are being moved.
- Keep firearm actions open except when shooting or holstering.
- Never shoot at target stands, props, cans, bottles, or anything that may cause dangerous debris or bullet ricochets.
- Do not fire at targets positioned so that bullets will strike the range floor.
- Only metal targets provided by the Club may be used.
- No horseplay, careless handling of firearms, nor any other distraction while shooting is in progress.
- Shooters on the rifle range shall use only target holders erected by the Club.
- No person impaired by alcohol or drugs may handle firearms.
Safety Rules sheet for guests to sign Eastern Ontario Handgun Club's Bylaws - fran�ais